Stuffed Red Peppers with Cous Cous, Goats Cheese & Smoked Garlic Chutney
A great quick lunchtime snack or for a starter. Made from Fresh Red Peppers, Cous Cous and Holly And The Ivy Aubergine & Garlic Chutney
- Baking Tray
- 4 Large Red Bell Peppers
- 250 grams Cous Cous
- 200 grams Hard Goats Cheese
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil Leaves
- 400 ml Vegetable Stock Cubes Reduced Salt if possible
- 2 tbsp Holly And The Ivy Smoked Garlic & Aubergine Chutney Available from the Holly And Ivy Website
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds Available from the Holly And Ivy Website
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds Available from the Holly And Ivy Website
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Set oven to Gas 5 / 200c / 180c Fan Oven
- Cut the Peppers in half and remove the seeds, place the Peppers on a baking tray, cut side down and drizzle with a little Olive Oil. Place in warm oven and cook for approximately 20mins or until the Peppers are soft but still retain the shape.
- Meanwhile place Cous Cous in a bowl and add the hot vegetable stock stirring with a fork, leave for 5 mins for the stock to absorb.
- Cut the Goats Cheese into 1/2inch / 12mm cubes.
- Add to Cous Cous together with Holly and the Ivy Smoked Garlic & Aubergine Chutney, Pumpkin and Sunflower Seeds and mix well.
- Add the seasoning to taste, and finally add the torn Basil Leaves.
- Stuff the Peppers with the Cous Cous mixture and place on the Baking Tray and drizzle a small amount of Olive Oil over the Peppers. Put back into the oven and cook for approximately 5 mins until some of the Goats Cheese has slightly melted.
- Serve with a small side salad, and drizzle with a little Balsamic Vinegar.
- You can replace the Red Pepper with Baked Potatoes, or you can just have the Cous Cous cold as a salad with Cold Meats etc.
Pictures to follow